Continuing Education Accreditation
Naturopathic Doctors in Saskatchewan are required to complete a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education (CE) over each 2-year CE period, including 2 hours for each certification area. This requirement can be fulfilled by having all the 40 hours drawn from a combination of categories A, B, C, D, and E. An additional 10 hours from category F are required for those registrants who hold certification in Prescriptive Authority. The Continuing Education Accreditation ensures that NDs continually maintain their competency in the areas of their practice.
For Naturopathic Doctors in Saskatchewan, log in here to:
- confirm your CE year (odd or even); from the home page, click on your name in the top right corner and choose 'Profile.' Under Profile, choose 'Additional Member Data.'
- access CE documents; from the home page, choose 'For Members,' then choose 'CE submissions.'
- review or upload your current CE certifications; from the home page, choose 'For Members,' then choose 'CE submissions,' then 'Manage your CE/Certifications,' then 'My CE Hours.'
- Category A – Regulatory Participation and Jurisprudence - a required minimum of 5 hours
- Category B – Core Naturopathic Education - a required minimum of 15 hours in person from a recognized naturopathic organization
- NOTE: as of December 2020, online credits are temporarily being accepted in this category due to COVID-19 restrictions
- Category C – Additional Clinical Education - education seminars that do not meet category B requirements
- Category D – Mentoring and Business Development Activities – hours are given on the basis of one hour for each 2 hours of activity. Preceptorships will be awarded 2 hours per day or 1 hour per half day of preceptoring. A maximum of 10 category D hours may be collected in a 2 year reporting period.
- Category E – Additional Certifications – For those registrants with certification designations, an additional 2 hours of CE is required for each certification area every 2 years. These can be counted towards the 40 total hours needed.
- Category F – Prescriptive Authority Certification – 10 hours every 2 years (in addition to 40 hours required above)
NOTE: If you require clarification or confirmation of the CE category a course or event is eligible for, please contact the quality assurance committee at email@example.com